One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Contracts to buy a range of shares at an agreed price but delivered and paid for later.
- ‘The SEC has already moved, in conjunction with the New York Stock Exchange, to close down computer program trading on the market, a trade related to stock index futures.’
- ‘U.S. stock index futures were up more than two percent as Wall Street was poised to bounce back from Tuesday's losses after seven down sessions in a row for the Dow Jones industrial average.’
- ‘He believed that in an emergency, the Fed should start buying stock index futures contracts until it managed to pull stocks out of their nosedive.’
- ‘‘Stocks have failed to build on this morning's decent jobs data with prices dropping soon after the open amid renewed terrorist threats,’ said a stock index futures analyst at TradeSignals.com, a commodity trading adviser.’
- ‘Traders and fund managers report mysterious buyers in stock index futures contracts over the past three months, on days and at times when cash prices for stocks were weak and under sustained selling pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.