One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a fungus) having a stipe or a stipes.
- ‘The hip surface is very smooth with few hairs and few stipitate glands and with thick fleshy walls.’
- ‘All of the stipitate hydnums are believed to be ectomycorrhizal with photosynthetic trees.’
- ‘Paspalum cachimboense is closely related to P. lanciflorum, because both species have spikelets with rounded bases and a stipitate upper anthecium.’
- ‘Scottish Natural Heritage has been conducting an extensive survey of all stipitate hydnoid fungi in Scotland.’
- ‘The gynoecium consists of a single pistil that is stipitate on a disk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.