A plant of the borage family that bears small barbed seeds.
- ‘The Yukon also has 16 introduced species of borages, a group of agricultural weeds that includes stickseeds and forget-me-nots, and 14 introduced species of mustards.’
- ‘All stickseeds are undesirable weeds that can become abundant in overgrazed areas.’
- ‘The primary reason for not designating critical habitat for showy stickseed is because the species has been repeatedly collected for many decades.’
- ‘Several nonnative noxious weeds have invaded stickseed habitat and threaten to out-compete the stickseed for the available nutrients.’
- ‘The fruits of the showy stickseed are spurred and covered with stout hairs that cling to the hair and bodies of animal.’