One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[NO OBJECT]as noun stickhandling
(in hockey and other games) control the puck or ball with one's stick.
- ‘This kid, watching him play and how he stick-handles, is pretty amazing.’
- ‘He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.’
- ‘Their skating and stick-handling was terrific.’
- ‘Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.’
- ‘Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.