Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in hockey and other games) control the puck or ball with one's stick.
- ‘Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.’
- ‘Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.’
- ‘Their skating and stick-handling was terrific.’
- ‘He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.’
- ‘This kid, watching him play and how he stick-handles, is pretty amazing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.