Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
verb[NO OBJECT]as noun stickhandling
(in hockey and other games) control the puck or ball with one's stick.
- ‘Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.’
- ‘Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.’
- ‘He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.’
- ‘This kid, watching him play and how he stick-handles, is pretty amazing.’
- ‘Their skating and stick-handling was terrific.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.