One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[no object]Ice Hockey
1Control the puck with one's stick.
- ‘This kid, watching him play and how he stick-handles, is pretty amazing.’
- ‘Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.’
- ‘Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.’
- ‘He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.’
- ‘Their skating and stick-handling was terrific.’
- 1.1North American with object Exert control over or carefully manipulate (a project or issue)‘her effort to stickhandle health care reform’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.