One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
determination, resolution, firmness of purpose, fixity of purpose, purpose, purposefulness, resoluteness, single-mindedness, strength of will, strength of character, will power, firmness, intentness, decision, decidednessView synonyms
- ‘Today the coal miner's daughter and descendant of Daniel Boone is reaping the rewards for her stick-to-it-iveness.’
- ‘I'm glad we've seen a bit of grit and stick-to-it-iveness from our openers for once though.’
- ‘Again, I speak from personal experience: I know I didn't have the stick-to-it-iveness as an undergrad.’
- ‘Her stick-to-it-iveness and struggle is an inspiration to us all.’
- ‘It was his straightforward stick-to-it-iveness that impressed us all - his staunch commitment in the face of a tempting lemon tart smothered with cream, which the rest of us weak-willed sugar hounds guiltily gobbled up.’
- ‘You've occasionally judged others for lacking stick-to-it-iveness.’
- ‘‘It is a compelling symbol of hope, inspiration and stick-to-it-iveness,’ the state argued.’
- ‘Sure, these other countries have been at it longer than we have, but with gumption and stick-to-it-iveness Americans can rise to the top of anything!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.