One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The job of supervising or taking care of something, such as an organization or property.‘responsible stewardship of our public lands’count noun ‘he resigned his stewardships at Westminster Abbey and St. Martin's’‘systemic failures cannot be ascribed to the stewardship of a political party’as modifier ‘Pennsylvania's forest stewardship program’
- ‘The program each year recognizes environmental stewardship efforts by retailers in 13 Midwestern states.’
- ‘Scottish ministers have overall responsibility for the stewardship of the freshwater fish resources and the fisheries that depend on them.’
- ‘The speakers cited a way of building that represents people's concerns about environmental stewardship.’
- ‘We are honoured by being entrusted with the stewardship of this venerable company.’
- ‘In 1693, he petitioned for, and was granted, the stewardships of several hundred courts in Cornwall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.