One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of small picture made from brightly colored woven silk, produced during the late 19th century.
- ‘This picture is very crowded with figures and is larger than the normal Stevengraph.’
- ‘Lot 19522 is the rare and desirable 19th century silk baseball Stevengraph.’
- ‘The Stevengraphs were big sellers at the 1893 World's Columbian Exhibition in Chicago.’
- ‘Information on the back of the mount can help the collector determine the date of a Stevengraph.’
- ‘This collection consists of pre-World War I postcards, including the world's premier collection of woven silks and Stevengraphs.’
Named after Thomas Stevens (1828–88), English weaver, whose firm made them.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.