One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perry has removed the empty tubs, yanked three more loaded ones sternward, tied their lines together, and tied in another anchor, anchor line, and flag, ready to lay a second set.’
- ‘You are emphasizing a force directed sternward rather than doing everything to enhance forward motion to bow.’
- ‘I released myself from my forward looking position, and turned back sternward to remember where I had come from.’
- ‘Pumped water is used to clean the grill and to push waste sternward along the sides of the barge.’
- ‘Ambling sternward from the Schooner Bar, you'll find the attractive Safari Club, with its elegant tapestries and British Colonial charm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.