One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sternocleidomastoid
- ‘Examination reveals a rubbery, nontender mass at the level of the carotid bifurcation, along the anterior border of the sternomastoid, more mobile laterally than vertically.’
- ‘It may spread laterally into the sternomastoid muscle and form an abscess in the neck.’
- ‘When increased in number (by two or more), they arise as a common stem or by the addition of branches not usually derived from this artery, such as a sternomastoid branch of either the superior thyroid or occipital artery.’
- ‘He was the first to excise the mandible in a case of jaw tumor and treat torticollis by subcutaneous section of the sternomastoid muscle.’
- ‘‘Functional’ neck dissections, modified to preserve the jugular, sternomastoid, or accessory nerve while ensuring complete removal of involved nodes, have gained popularity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.