One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sternocleidomastoid
- ‘When increased in number (by two or more), they arise as a common stem or by the addition of branches not usually derived from this artery, such as a sternomastoid branch of either the superior thyroid or occipital artery.’
- ‘‘Functional’ neck dissections, modified to preserve the jugular, sternomastoid, or accessory nerve while ensuring complete removal of involved nodes, have gained popularity.’
- ‘It may spread laterally into the sternomastoid muscle and form an abscess in the neck.’
- ‘Examination reveals a rubbery, nontender mass at the level of the carotid bifurcation, along the anterior border of the sternomastoid, more mobile laterally than vertically.’
- ‘He was the first to excise the mandible in a case of jaw tumor and treat torticollis by subcutaneous section of the sternomastoid muscle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.