One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inboard engine connected to an outboard drive unit at the rear of a powerboat.
- ‘In addition, MerCruiser and Indmar unveiled prototypes of sterndrives with catalytic converters at fall and winter boat shows, but they are still in the research and development phase.’
- ‘Use your existing flusher and a regular garden hose, combined with West Marine's Engine Winterizing Kit to easily coldproof your outboard or sterndrive.’
- ‘Tests on four powerboats from 19 to 23 feet equipped with two MerCruiser and two Indmar sterndrives and V-drives over 480 hours of operation produced carbon monoxide reductions up to 99% (engine running at idle).’
- ‘Genmar is the second-largest boat producer in the U.S., following Brunswick Corp., which produces Bayliners, Sea Rays, Maxums and others, as well as Mercury and Mercruiser engines and sterndrives.’
- ‘The drive shaft areas on Alpha and all Bravo sterndrives are identical but the twin propellers on Bravo IIIs take up more space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.