One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the sternum.‘the sternal area’‘sternal muscles’
- ‘The final phase of this procedure is to perform an oblique incision along the anterior border of the sternal colloid mastoid muscle down to the super sternal notch.’
- ‘Using a median approach, sternal incision is performed, and connective tissue of the anterior mediastinum is separated to expose the left bronchial stump between the superior vena cava and the ascending aorta.’
- ‘Additionally, the omentum was mobilized and positioned between the left ventricle and the lung before sternal closure.’
- ‘This muscle arises from the sternum and sternal end of the clavicle, and may insert into the fascia of the dorsal scapular region as well as into those areas cited above.’
- ‘Patients should be prepared from the sternal notch to the pubis so that the incision can be extended into the chest if more proximal control of the vena cava or aorta is needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.