One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The persistent repetition of an act, especially by an animal, for no obvious purpose.‘the most common abnormal behavior among zoo animals is stereotypy’
- ‘However, recent studies on a wide variety of amphibian species have revealed great diversity in feeding mechanics and kinematics, and illustrate that stereotypy is the exception rather than the rule in amphibian feeding.’
- ‘As seen in toads, stereotypy may indicate that proprioceptive or reflex feedback is needed to control a particular biomechanical system.’
- ‘Stupor or catalepsy, mutism, posturing/grimacing, stereotypy, echolalia or echopraxia and excessive motor activity were the main catatonic features.’
- ‘However, ginseng attenuated the other effects of amphetamine, namely, stereotypy and lethality in aggregated mice.’
- ‘Much evolutionary diversification of feeding mechanics and motor control has occurred and it is likely that stereotypy is a derived feature of amphibian feeding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.