One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fact of the matter is that these stereotypic caricatures remind all of us of the awful stereotypic caricatures which were common in the U.S. South in the early part of the 20th century.’
- ‘An intruder is something that should not be in the picture, an element that stops the normalized reading of the image, preventing stereotypic thinking and forcing the viewer to spend more time investigating the picture.’
- ‘The flatness and distance of their testimony is partly an artifact of using an interpreter, but education, class, and culture operate to homogenize them into stereotypic depictions.’
- ‘In spite of a general desire for marital equality among contemporary American couples, strong pressures at the individual, interactional, and institutional levels pull them back toward old gender stereotypic behaviors.’
- ‘At this point, then, the experimenters had access to two kinds of attitudes - the explicit ones expressed on the questionnaire and the implicit ones suggested by the participants' speed of stereotypic associations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.