Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting techniques for surgical treatment or scientific investigation that permit the accurate positioning of probes inside the brain or other parts of the body, based on three-dimensional diagrams.
- ‘Various latest radiotherapy techniques like stereotactic radiosurgery, conformation radiotherapy, endovascular brachytherapy and chemoradiation for organ preservation have been described briefly.’
- ‘During stereotactic surgical biopsy procedures, however, the perioperative nurse positions and monitors the patient and provides emotional support.’
- ‘Our stereotactic technique involves placing a stereotactic frame on the patient's head on the morning of surgery and then obtaining an MRI with the frame in place.’
- ‘Even with stereotactic techniques, the risk of serious adverse effects from surgery is about 2 percent.’
- ‘Deep brain stimulation involves implantation of an electrode into a specific brain region using stereotactic neurosurgical techniques.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.