Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for stereospecific
- ‘Such a development might be useful in stereoselective catalytic syntheses.’
- ‘Any chemical reaction that yields predominantly one stereoisomer out of several stereoisomer possibilities is said to be a stereoselective reaction.’
- ‘Our researchers developed a stereoselective synthesis technique and found that although the four enantiomers all taste similar, they have very different odour thresholds.’
- ‘Notably, all riboflavin synthases studied as well as lumazine protein are strictly stereoselective.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.