One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A binocular microscope that gives a relatively low-power stereoscopic view of the subject.
- ‘The capillary is mounted on a micromanipulator and the operation is viewed under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘A stereomicroscope and a compound light microscope were used to work out the density and to examine the morphology, sizes and genders of the gametophytes.’
- ‘Cross-sections of mature green vanilla beans were obtained using a razor blade under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Germination was also assayed after removal of the seed coat under a stereomicroscope by scratching the seeds carefully with two needles.’
- ‘After decapping, the cap junction was checked under a stereomicroscope, and roots whose cap had come off cleanly were used for further experimentation.’
- ‘The oocyte sits on the microscope stage and is visualized for electrophysiology by a separate stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The floral morphology was analysed using a stereomicroscope with camera lucida from flowers fixed in 70% alcohol.’
- ‘Male flowers also have six stamens, but the style is hardly observable at simple sight (absolutely atrophied or absent), and when observed with the stereomicroscope no ovules are developed in their ovaries.’
- ‘A stereomicroscope may be available in many laboratories, and the advantage of its use is that slides can be placed on the flat stage with backlight and movements under the objectives are not inverted.’
- ‘Fungal spores were removed from the soil matrix for identification using tweezers under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Ovaries were placed in chamber slides and photographed through a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Leaf vernation was observed in at least ten buds per entity, manually dissected under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The viability was visually evaluated by checking membrane integrity using a phase-contrast stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The numbers of cataphylls (scaly leaves) and embryonic green leaves of each bud were recorded after manual dissection under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Morphological features of fresh flowers were recorded using a binocular stereomicroscope with a camera lucida attachment.’
- ‘Crusts removed by scraping were preserved and examined for presence of reproductive structures under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The root systems were observed under a stereomicroscope, and the numbers of infected and uninfected short roots counted.’
- ‘The cleaning should be done under a stereomicroscope to permit controllable cleaning of the details and to avoid damage to the surface of the mold of the exterior.’
- ‘The number of living and dead larvae, lesions (areas with dead cells), and young galls were counted under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Glands were visualized under a stereomicroscope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.