One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique or process for creating three-dimensional objects, in which a computer-controlled moving laser beam is used to build up the required structure, layer by layer, from a liquid polymer that hardens on contact with laser light.
- ‘A mere 17 years ago this month, stereolithography debuted at the Autofact show in Detroit.’
- ‘The model is built using a high-tech process called laser stereolithography and allows surgeons to plan operations better.’
- ‘These experiments involve rapid prototyping and stereolithography.’
- ‘Since the invention of stereolithography in the mid-1980s and of the World Wide Web in the mid-1990s, much has been made of their revolutionary potential.’
- ‘Having assessed how much bone needs to be removed, the scientists use stereolithography to make the individual implants.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.