A series of contiguous, uniformly shaded rectangles growing progressively darker, from white (or light gray) at one end to black (or dark gray) at the other.
- ‘Indeed, it is my hope that users will take and modify these models into shortened step wedges which can be quickly adapted to their working methods.’
- ‘Run the mouse across the step wedge to the middle gray.’
- ‘I still make a lot of use of step wedges as a check on paper and chemistry.’
- ‘We use the step wedge by matching a tone in our negative to a stripe of tone in the step wedge.’
- ‘It seems like it would be a lot easier to see in the step wedge than while viewing a print.’