Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The output of a device in response to an abrupt change in voltage.
- ‘In the case of the step response we need the response to a unit voltage step at the input.’
- ‘The significance of these differences is indicated by the plot showing both step responses overlaid.’
- ‘The step response depends on the relative locations of the complex poles relative to the imaginary axis.’
- ‘A time vector can be created to compute the step response only over this range.’
- ‘The step response of multi-input systems is the collection of step responses for each input channel.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.