Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function that increases or decreases abruptly from one constant value to another.
- ‘Different treatments have considered a quadratic function, an exponential quadratic function, or a step function.’
- ‘For a function as elementary as this, a simple step function can be used.’
- ‘However, again there are thresholds where the value of the change is a step function.’
- ‘It is advisable to represent the S function as a step function.’
- ‘The time to treatment morbidity and survival were plotted as a step function.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.