One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function that increases or decreases abruptly from one constant value to another.
- ‘It is advisable to represent the S function as a step function.’
- ‘However, again there are thresholds where the value of the change is a step function.’
- ‘For a function as elementary as this, a simple step function can be used.’
- ‘Different treatments have considered a quadratic function, an exponential quadratic function, or a step function.’
- ‘The time to treatment morbidity and survival were plotted as a step function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.