Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of aerobics that involves stepping up on to and down from a portable block.
physical activity, movement, exertion, effort, workView synonyms
- ‘However, a recent and interesting find in our laboratory indicated that intense step aerobics was a great complement to a whole-body weight training program and provided maximum calorie burn in minimal time.’
- ‘At the gym, I took advantage of all the activities that were available: step aerobics, swimming, biking and kick-boxing.’
- ‘Plus, you can get a more well-rounded fitness program - video and DVD offerings include step aerobics, cardio dance, strength training, Pilates, yoga workouts and more.’
- ‘After losing 20 pounds in four months, Randi was bored with the stair climber and joined the YMCA, where she started weight training and took fitness classes, such as step aerobics and cycling.’
- ‘An example would be a cardio circuit that alternates 3 minutes of step aerobics, followed by 3 minutes of jump rope, followed by 3 minutes of cardio boxing.’
- ‘These changes, along with regular exercise, which I did in the form of step aerobics and weight training with a personal trainer, started my weight loss.’
- ‘Attempts at integrating electronic games with aerobics, such as step aerobics and cycling, have never really taken off - more than likely due to the accompanying game not being fun.’
- ‘The centre also holds classes in power aerobics, step aerobics, tae bo, and kick boxing.’
- ‘I've done running, step aerobics and kickboxing, but I've seen the most changes in my body as a result of weight training.’
- ‘Taylor also suggests avoiding back-taxing moves such as deadlifts, deep squats and lunges, as well as step aerobics and cardio kickboxing.’
- ‘After I added step aerobics and weight-training videos, the weight started coming off faster.’
- ‘She ate healthfully again and started walking and in-line skating in addition to weight training and step aerobics.’
- ‘This kind of exercise includes step aerobics, running, jogging, tennis, squash, football, hockey, volleyball and most team sports.’
- ‘Swimming, cycling, power walking, running and step aerobics will tone up your gluteus maximus nicely.’
- ‘The class includes general aerobic exercise, step aerobics and pelvic floor exercises.’
- ‘Go for long, brisk walks and do other cardio activities you enjoy, such as step aerobics or bicycling.’
- ‘Study participants were enrolled in an aerobic conditioning program consisting of step aerobics three times a week for 10 weeks.’
- ‘I do step aerobics three times a week, and a lot of walking at the weekends.’
- ‘Adults, too, can take part in organised activities, from step aerobics to archery.’
- ‘For the first month, simply increase your activity level so that you're in the habit of exercising five or six days a week, whether it's swimming, volleyball or step aerobics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.