One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Court reporters, both stenotypists and voice writers, who specialize in captioning live television programming for people with hearing loss are commonly known as stenocaptioners.’
- ‘Training for stenotypists takes thirty-three months and involves instruction in both computer-aided transcription and real-time reporting.’
- ‘Widespread use of Computer Aided Transcription in the early to mid 1980s assured stenotypists that they no longer needed to dictate their notes or use the services of professional typists.’
- ‘The jobs will be available for both good realtime stenotypists and good realtime voicewriters.’
- ‘The interpreters and stenotypists should also have training courses to qualify as professional interpreters or stenotypists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.