One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Goblets and stemmed glasses regarded collectively.
- ‘But that stemware doesn't demand such exorbitant markups.’
- ‘Learn to tie fanciful bows or just tie a simple bow to the backs of dining chairs, around stemware or around your silverware.’
- ‘Exposing DNA to radiation is like hitting a fine piece of crystal stemware with a hammer.’
- ‘Combine new and vintage candy dishes, stemware, stacked cake platters, bowls, and drink glasses in an arrangement of varying heights.’
- ‘The line of stemware and tumblers feature a unique magnesium-based crystal that the company says eliminates the trade-off between clarity and durability in this product category.’
- ‘But tumblers take the place of stemware and requests for ice buckets are cheerfully denied.’
- ‘The tables are covered with brown butcher paper; the silver-tipped lightbulbs are bare; and everything is artfully mismatched, from seats to stemware.’
- ‘Due to its stronger structure, crystal stemware can be made thinner than glass and hence contribute to the overall tasting.’
- ‘He removes the china, silverware, good stemware, strips the table of the linen cloth and the napkin and then slams the aggrieved bottle on the table.’
- ‘The bar area is large by restaurant standards displaying copious wine storage and racks of marginally clean stemware.’
- ‘Actually I have made arrangements to deliver our china, stemware, flatware and linens the night before.’
- ‘As for the wine glasses, we live near dozens of restaurants, some world-class, which means their stemware is as thin as their wine lists are thick.’
- ‘Pascal is hopeful, steadfast on optimizing the gastronomic experience with the right tools: the cheese cart being one, proper stemware another.’
- ‘Nor is the point of etiquette to impress your guests with how much you know and they don't about, say, wines or stemware or snail eating.’
- ‘Some people judge a restaurant by its stemware.’
- ‘Its Burgundy Grand Cru glass is the only stemware that resides permanently in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.’
- ‘The cost was about $36 for eight decorated glasses, including stemware.’
- ‘Whomever loses the flip has to put aside roughly 45 minutes of time when calling for simple information like choice of stemware.’
- ‘I've seen him stack glass stemware pyramid-style on his head and dance around the café.’
- ‘When you design a back bar with mirrors and glass shelving for stemware, and then light it properly, this becomes as beautiful as a crystal chandelier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.