One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of study concerned with analyzing the relationship of surviving variant versions of a text to each other, especially so as to reconstruct a lost original.
- ‘There appear to be strong analogies between the worlds of stemmatics and systematics.’
- ‘It is widely accepted that stemmatics originated in the work of Karl Lachmman.’
- ‘This is not to imply that stemmatics is useless for the New Testament.’
- ‘This will be followed by instruction in the theory and practice of textual criticism, including stemmatics.’
- ‘Though this aim is old, some of the methods we use - computer collation, techniques of computerised stemmatics borrowed from evolutionary biology, database analysis - are very much of the late twentieth century.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.