One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One hand was outstretched to support the instrument by the stem-like projection, the body half tucked under his arm while his fingers danced swiftly over the taut strings.’
- ‘In terms of tumors, it's known that stem-like cells have characteristics much like cancer cells.’
- ‘As the ovary transformed into a fruit, the activity of the vascular cambium resulted in the formation of a stem-like structure with a woody central cylinder surrounded by secondary phloem.’
- ‘In some cases the leaf may be very stem-like.’
- ‘For example, unlike vascular plants, mosses form simple leaf- and stem-like organs in their gametophyte generation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.