One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A committee that decides on the priorities or order of business of an organization and manages the general course of its operations.
- ‘A steering committee of 10 business people and residents has already approached Bendigo Bank.’
- ‘Citizens will be organized into ward committees, ULB committees and steering committees.’
- ‘However I hope that the steering group and sub committees do not get hijacked by certain groups whom hold extreme views and personal agendas.’
- ‘The festival steering group is committed to organic growth.’
- ‘Together, Berte and McKinstry organized a steering committee to come up with a plan of action.’
- ‘This has been paid for and printed by one of the businesses on the steering committee, CGU Life.’
- ‘A steering group and a committee had been formed, but more members were needed.’
- ‘Then corporate real estate worked collaboratively with business units, setting up real estate steering committees that included top business unit leaders.’
- ‘A steering committee and a finance committee have been put in place and a series of further meetings will take place during the summer.’
- ‘The new club is run by a steering committee and has sub committees of Boat fishing, Shore fishing, Boat owners and Juniors.’
- ‘Although run through the council, The Centre is led by a steering group of partner agencies, including Age Concern, the police and residents.’
- ‘Already, there are over 500 tenants involved in the steering groups of these new organisations.’
- ‘Dr Murray wants to set up a steering committee of school principals, the police and parents to work on attracting funding for the project.’
- ‘The training will also assist in building consensus and interaction among the teams, particularly the planning committees and steering committees for the project.’
- ‘The meeting held to raise awareness, support and also to organise a steering group to actualise the above goals.’
- ‘Of course, men were involved in the steering group, the corporate body that implemented their plan and the parliament that approved it.’
- ‘The steering committee decides what goes on the site and makes sure it is kept current.’
- ‘Expelling somebody is the business of the steering committee.’
- ‘The steering committee includes people from the public, private, voluntary and community groups.’
- ‘At a packed public meeting, in the village hall, residents decided to form a steering committee to spearhead their campaign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.