One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See steer wrestling
- ‘The dust in the air as the sun sets creates a Technicolor backdrop for the world's top steer wrestlers, team ropers, and bronc riders.’
- ‘She won the Stampede in 2010 - meaning the pressure remains on the Cross Plains, Texas, steer wrestler.’
- ‘Knowles, a steer wrestler from Oregon, took first place in the dual slalom event on Monday.’
- ‘Saturday's competition wasn't fun for a lot of steer wrestlers who were challenged by the pen of steers.’
- ‘The steer wrestler slides off his horse, plants himself in the dirt, and makes contact with the steer, twisting on its horns and rolling it onto its side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.