One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See steer wrestling
- ‘The dust in the air as the sun sets creates a Technicolor backdrop for the world's top steer wrestlers, team ropers, and bronc riders.’
- ‘The steer wrestler slides off his horse, plants himself in the dirt, and makes contact with the steer, twisting on its horns and rolling it onto its side.’
- ‘She won the Stampede in 2010 - meaning the pressure remains on the Cross Plains, Texas, steer wrestler.’
- ‘Saturday's competition wasn't fun for a lot of steer wrestlers who were challenged by the pen of steers.’
- ‘Knowles, a steer wrestler from Oregon, took first place in the dual slalom event on Monday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.