One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Across the street was a church, a steepled stone building with broad concrete steps and a bright stained-glass window above the doors.’
- ‘He was heading towards the small steepled construction nearby where, a passing flanker had informed him, he would be sure to find Dr Glover.’
- ‘At night, young men sometimes scramble among the upper reaches of the steepled old buildings, scaling the most difficult points.’
- ‘It had a steepled roof with a weathervane at the top of the steeple and a brass bell tucked within the open wooden tower.’
- ‘The floor was made of marble, reflecting off the chandeliers that hung from the steepled roof made of glass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.