One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At night, young men sometimes scramble among the upper reaches of the steepled old buildings, scaling the most difficult points.’
- ‘Across the street was a church, a steepled stone building with broad concrete steps and a bright stained-glass window above the doors.’
- ‘He was heading towards the small steepled construction nearby where, a passing flanker had informed him, he would be sure to find Dr Glover.’
- ‘The floor was made of marble, reflecting off the chandeliers that hung from the steepled roof made of glass.’
- ‘It had a steepled roof with a weathervane at the top of the steeple and a brass bell tucked within the open wooden tower.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.