One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The special obstacles are more like mini-fences than traditional timber hurdles and are designed to educate the young steeplechasers of the future.’
- ‘Before the 1960s, Ireland had earned a reputation for stallions which produced fine hurdlers and steeplechasers, but not many Flat champions.’
- ‘Henry Daly's six-year-old, a useful hurdler last season, made a winning debut over the major obstacles at Market Rasen three weeks ago and looks to have an exciting future as a steeplechaser.’
- ‘By the day of the race we can expect a very small field but that won't matter a jot as racing fans turn up to see one of the finest steeplechasers of all time in action at his local track.’
- ‘Last Tuesday, they emerged without the slightest scalding after the handicapper handed them a serious invitation to test the top steeplechaser of the past five years in the world's best-known race.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.