One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Articles of steel.
- ‘The union official was pushed against steelwork, injuring his back.’
- ‘This finish is complemented by other surfaces: white marble, blond maple panelling, steelwork and stainless steel trims.’
- ‘The cable anchor blocks and steelwork, which were still in good condition, were retained and some of the original Australian hardwood decking timber and running planks.’
- ‘A method in which to value the fabrication and erection of structural steelwork is by weight of the steel involved.’
- ‘Mechanics have reinforced the car's chassis with extra steelwork and have beefed up the suspension to take extra load.’
- ‘Some 1,300 tonnes of concrete have been poured into the foundations, topped by 125 tonnes of structural steelwork and surrounded by 15,000 concrete blocks so far.’
- ‘The hull repair completed this July involved the removal and replacement of 100 tonnes of steelwork.’
- ‘The wreckage is at its cleanest in spring and early summer, before the kelp gets a grip on the exposed steelwork.’
- ‘At the centre of this jagged, violent landscape was a solitary lattice of steelwork standing 10 storeys high, its upper edges eerily like the fingers of a hand stretched upwards in search of help.’
- ‘The temptation to purify the old steelwork has been resisted and it retains some of its patina, the paint peeling in places.’
- ‘The project comprised 144.32 tonnes of structural steelwork and 14.16 tonnes of purlins.’
- ‘Supply and fix galvanised steel sub-purlins on cleats secured through existing felt and insulation to the main roof steelwork.’
- ‘Local contractor, Jenkins and Davies, undertook the £750,000 project, which involved the fixing of additional strengthening steelwork inside the boxes.’
- ‘An apprenticeship that took five years in those days, but he was also sent to Technical College where he gained his City and Guilds diplomas in steelwork, fabrication and technology.’
- ‘The ten-storey building is undergoing major alterations, including new structural steelwork to reconfigure the building's existing central lift core.’
- ‘The bulk of metal manufactures consists of heavy machinery, structural steelwork, and industrial equipment.’
- ‘On the outside of this, there are red cedar louvres and exposed galvanised steelwork.’
- ‘The secondary steel specialists produced internal steelwork, such as staircases and balconies, for commercial and office developments.’
- ‘They were removing steelwork from an old part of the ground when one of the wheels of the 15-tonne elevated working platform went through a concrete manhole cover.’
- ‘This damage was caused by the erection of steelwork after he had installed the pipes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.