One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rainbow trout of a large migratory variety.
- ‘Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.’
- ‘For example, a proposed aggressive Fraser sockeye harvest would result in large bycatches of chinook, coho and steelhead, some of which are endangered.’
- ‘At Ballard Locks in Seattle, Washington, the animals are partly to blame for eating a local population, or run, of steelhead trout into extinction.’
- ‘In the meantime, fishery managers are struggling to keep other fish populations from meeting the same fate as the steelhead at Ballard Locks.’
- ‘Construction timing, geared toward the beginning of the year, coincides with the birth and early life cycles of sockeye, chinook and coho salmon, steelhead and sea-running cutthroat trout.’
- ‘The court ordered the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to come up with a plan that protects the river's water quality as well as its salmon and steelhead trout.’
- ‘It was one of the first Scottish fisheries to stock with true steelheads, and these caused quite a stir when they started to appear in catches.’
- ‘I have even heard stories of captures of the migratory form of the rainbow trout, the steelhead, having been caught from rivers in the North West of England.’
- ‘Swanswater is a three-pond venue which holds rainbows up to 18 lb along with a scattering of steelheads, golden trout and natural browns.’
- ‘The region's two national forests, Tongass and Chugach, provide habitat for wolves, bears, and other wildlife that have largely disappeared from the rest of the country, and their watersheds nurture salmon and steelhead trout.’
- ‘The start of May will also see the arrival of steelheads into the water which, pound for pound, are said to offer the best fighting sport of any game fish.’
- ‘When surf-casting into Lake Michigan in November, the possibilities are endless: steelhead, coho, menominee, chinook, lake trout, almost anything can come along.’
- ‘The Seymour hatchery raises and releases about 750,000 smolts annually, including pink, chum, coho, chinook salmon, cutthroat trout and steelhead.’
- ‘This was occurred at a nearby creek where, Jim said, the steelhead and salmon were running.’
- ‘In natural streams coho salmon and steelhead trout fry tend to occupy pools and riffles, respectively.’
- ‘Pacific salmon, pacific herring, pacific halibut, steelhead, cutthroat trout, dolly varden, rainbow smelt, peamouth, and coastrange sculpin are some of the fish that live here.’
- ‘But Striped Bass is a predator that may be impeding the recovery of listed species including steelhead trout, chinook salmon, delta smelt and splittail.’
- ‘Only triploid or late-maturing rainbows are used, with steelheads, golden, tiger and blue trout.’
- ‘In the case of data from cutthroat trout and steelhead trout described in the following section this convergence occurs very rapidly.’
- ‘Fish that can be found here include coastrange sculpin, pacific herring, halibut, steelhead, dolly varden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.