One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The excretion of abnormal quantities of fat with the feces owing to reduced absorption of fat by the intestine.
- ‘Reducing the intake of fat might reduce nausea, steatorrhoea, and diarrhea often associated with giardiasis.’
- ‘Associated manifestations that may cause complications include the gluten-sensitive enteropathy, which can cause steatorrhea, abnormal D-xylose absorption, and anemia.’
- ‘Severe abdominal pain is the most common presentation, and diabetes mellitus and steatorrhoea often result from long-standing disease1.’
- ‘As many people present atypically with coeliac disease as present with the more classical triad of steatorrhoea, diarrhoea, and weight loss.’
- ‘The severity of symptoms will depend upon the amount and the specific location of small intestine involved but may include diarrhea, steatorrhea, foul-smelling flatulence, and weakness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.