One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container such as that in a steam engine in which water is boiled to generate steam.
- ‘He used an old steam boiler, filled with rocks, which was pulled by a horse or bullock team.’
- ‘Although its four steam boilers and turbines are each rated at 160MW, all have been poorly maintained for many years, largely due to spare parts shortages.’
- ‘By 1880 Springfield factories printed and published books, produced envelopes and fine writing paper, sewing machines, church organs, ice skates, paint and chemicals, steam boilers, and fine watches.’
- ‘Byworth, based in Parkwood Street, is the only remaining independent manufacturer of hot water and steam boilers in the UK.’
- ‘The collection languished for years in Harrison's steam boiler factory, and Catlin again lobbied the U.S. government to purchase his Indian collection to no avail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.