One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
An effervescent beer brewed chiefly in the western US.
- ‘Turn of the century brewing texts describe the steam beer of the day in terms that sound familiar a century later.’
- ‘Now rarely brewed, steam beer was a traditional style of 19th century California.’
- ‘Often called steam beer, California common is a dark lager and one of the few styles created outside of Europe.’
- ‘California steam beer originated during the 1849 California Gold Rush, uses lager fermentation and ale yeast.’
- ‘The batch I brewed before my daughter was born was a steam beer, although I came up with my own basic recipe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.