One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Does anyone, other than him, seriously favor stealing and exploitation and killing?’
- ‘Guards informed him that an hour earlier Smith had ordered a soldier accused of stealing to be tied to the tracks of a tank that then drove around until he was reduced to mincemeat.’
- ‘Not bad, compared to previous years, when store windows were smashed and some very foolish people thought that stealing is okay when done in a large, funloving group.’
- ‘Thomas Nixon Carver, for example, suggested as an alternative a tripartite division of forms of income into earnings, findings and stealings, under which increments to site values were considered findings.’
- ‘There are all kinds of stealing that can take place in a business.’
- ‘This is obviously a question you should debate with your parents, but unless her stealing is a pattern, it was likely a mistake she's not bound to repeat.’
- ‘‘This man was hung for robbing A. Slane of si, i8o, and for other small stealings,’ read a specific account pinned to the body of George Sanders, lynched on Helena's Hanging Tree in 1865.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.