One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A restaurant that specializes in serving steaks.
- ‘His wildly successful steakhouses, of which the Houston edition is No. 11, asks the diner to surrender to a certain kind of theatrical experience.’
- ‘The longtime St. Paul resident, who had been looking for a full-time job for months, hopes to get a kitchen position at a nice steakhouse after he finishes his on-site training.’
- ‘The article appeared to suggest that there is a diminishing demand in NYC for kosher restaurants (and perhaps steakhouses in particular).’
- ‘He knows how many steaks sit in the refrigerators of the 64 Morton's steakhouses.’
- ‘There's been a resurgence in steakhouses at clubs, pubs, brasseries and restaurants.’
- ‘Joost spent yesterday evening in bed recovering from the nausea and diarrhoea that has affected seven of the 26-strong national squad after they ate at a local steakhouse.’
- ‘Local steakhouses are booked from lunch until midnight.’
- ‘Looking around Brisbane now, the good hotel restaurants all seem to be the steakhouses.’
- ‘‘Our biggest sellers are Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, probably because we are a steakhouse,’ she says.’
- ‘As the darkness settles, and more shadows shift across the sidewalks, the aromas from a steakhouse and a fried chicken outlet, right next to each other, become more pronounced.’
- ‘There is no dearth of restaurants, you can find coffee shops, family restaurants, excellent seafood restaurants and fine steakhouses.’
- ‘A colleague visited the Champany Inn near Linlithgow, West Lothian, to give one of Scotland's finest steakhouses a grilling.’
- ‘Go to the movies or take in a play, have a romantic dinner at JJ's (one of the best steakhouses around) and then go dancing at one of the nightclubs.’
- ‘I'm a big fan of high-end steakhouses and Ruth's Chris is consistently top notch.’
- ‘That phase also could see big-name home stores as well as more restaurants, like steakhouses.’
- ‘It's a tradition as tired as Sparks's décor that steakhouses subliminally punish people who order anything but red meat.’
- ‘The bread was warmed and not microwaved to death, which is just one of the faults of lower-end steakhouses.’
- ‘One steakhouse serving can fill your red meat ration for a month.’
- ‘Me, I'm looking at a breakfast on March 15 that includes sausage and bacon, a lunch menu involving pepperoni and ham, and dinner at a nice steakhouse.’
- ‘But the steaks were good enough to win converts from the several other steakhouses that line US highways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.