One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal bar, usually at the bottom of the screen or window, showing information about a document being edited or a program running.
- ‘I hate setting up new computers because you're a prisoner of the almighty status bar.’
- ‘These were usually put in your status bar along the bottom edge of your browser window.’
- ‘The user is informed about this in the status bar for 2,000 milliseconds.’
- ‘First, it scans for license information pertaining to the current web page and places relevant icons on the status bar.’
- ‘The status bar gives users a lot of information and precise measurements of objects and tools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.