One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A severe condition in which asthma attacks follow one another without pause.
- ‘Magnesium sulfate has been used for more than 50 years to treat status asthmaticus and severe acute asthma without specific guidelines.’
- ‘Treatment with aminophylline has been shown to improve oxygenation and reduce the incidence of intubation in children with severe status asthmaticus.’
- ‘Mechanical ventilation for status asthmaticus in children over 2 years of age was infrequent.’
- ‘Leading causes of nontraumatic, noncardiac sports death are exertional hyperthermia, followed by exertional rhabdomyolysis and status asthmaticus.’
- ‘We report five cases of status asthmaticus (four requiring mechanical ventilation) that were triggered by inhaled heroin and review the pertinent literature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.