One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in bryozoans) a resistant reproductive body produced asexually.
- ‘In sorting through the sample, I select out the statoblasts that look like they have begun to swell a bit.’
- ‘Horse-shoe shaped lophophore… No fossil record except for a few statoblasts (resistant wintering structures) from Quaternary sediments.’
- ‘Genetic changes within freshwater bryozoan populations suggest temporal gene flow from statoblast banks’
- ‘Once the valves of the statoblast fall away, the young colonies can be transferred into large aquaria.’
- ‘These cell masses, known as statoblasts, remain dormant for some time and can withstand drying and freezing; when conditions are favorable, the statoblasts germinates and forms a new zooid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.