One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to or by means of statistics.‘all observation data were statistically analyzed’‘the results are statistically significant’sentence adverb ‘statistically speaking, the risk of death is remote’
- ‘The data were statistically compared by means of a three-way analysis.’
- ‘Statistically, they are far more likely to break the law by shoplifting than asylum seekers are to commit any crime.’
- ‘Vast changes in US agriculture have shrunk the number of full-time commercial farmers from millions to a statistically insignificant few hundred thousand.’
- ‘The orchard's neat, precise rows of trees make a perfect grid for laying out these mathematically correct, statistically sound field studies.’
- ‘The impact of beef advertising expenditures on pork intake is not statistically different from zero.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.