One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for standing wave
- ‘The stationary wave of Activator concentration is very similar to modes of vibration on a guitar string: only certain wavelengths can fit.’
- ‘On varying the width, one can observe in detail the transformation of the stationary waves confined between the steps of atomic height in waves of electrons that move freely.’
- ‘He also studied a stationary wave in a rectangular canal.’
- ‘In Colorado Springs, Colo., where he stayed from May 1899 until early 1900, Tesla made what he regarded as his most important discovery - terrestrial stationary waves.’
- ‘The conditions giving rise to different types of flow are examined; in particular, the conditions causing stationary waves in the downstream area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.