One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise bike.
- ‘His cardiovascular conditioning consists of riding a stationary bike and walking in a pool.’
- ‘Twelve males exercised on treadmills and stationary bikes, and scientists measured the amount of fat they burned during different intensities on both machines.’
- ‘For most of the spring, as he endlessly rode stationary bikes, lifted weights, and ran sprints on the practice field, his rehabilitation was as mental as it was physical.’
- ‘Try combining working out with free weights to build strength in your arms and upper body, a resistance training program like Pilates, and aerobic exercise like pedaling a stationary bike or swimming.’
- ‘Resistive exercise equipment and stationary bicycles will be used to provide the 2.5 daily hours of exercise prescribed for each crew member.’
- ‘He lifts weights, fides the stationary bike, maintains year-round conditioning with a personal trainer.’
- ‘The degree of improvement may be assessed by the use of incremental exercise testing on a stationary bicycle or treadmill.’
- ‘McNabb, who has been riding a stationary bike and exercising in a swimming pool, was scheduled to begin weight-bearing exercises this week.’
- ‘A person on dialysis is encouraged to exercise. Many dialysis centers have a designed exercise program with stationary bikes and weights.’
- ‘Indoor resistance training and cardio done on a stationary bike, a Stairmaster or an elliptical trainer.’
- ‘He spent countless, lonely hours on stationary bikes.’
- ‘Warm-ups were followed by aerobic exercises using several different modes: stationary bicycles, rowing machines, and ambulation.’
- ‘Warm up prior to the workout by doing 10 minutes on a stationary bike or cardio alternative, as well as light stretching of muscles to be worked.’
- ‘Fortson, who led the league in rebounding before a broken foot sidelined him after six games, is riding a stationary bike and using the treadmill as his rehabilitation intensifies.’
- ‘Instead of simply bench-pressing 250 pounds, they're doing leg exercises, riding stationary bikes and using free weights.’
- ‘He rides a stationary bike before going to work, where he lifts weights not only for strength but to keep his astonishingly sculptured body perfect.’
- ‘The reporters examined his workers' compensation files and discovered he had claimed injuries from falling out of his office chair and exercising on a stationary bicycle, among other things.’
- ‘Shipping started five months ago and included a literal ton of weightlifting equipment plus two tons of stationary bikes, treadmills and other new exercise equipment.’
- ‘In the dark, the five of them had to avoid running into elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, treadmills, and rowing machines.’
- ‘He'll also occasionally switch things up and perform his cardio on the stationary bike or elliptical trainer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.