One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car with a longer body than usual, incorporating a large carrying area behind the seats and having an extra door at the rear for easy loading.
- ‘She did not secure it in any way, just placed it in the back of her station wagon, thinking it wouldn't shift during transit.’
- ‘It filled up the trunk and back seat of our station wagon.’
- ‘So the station wagon has a long rear overhang and three side windows that are approximately the same size.’
- ‘We hop into her station wagon and head for the San Fernando Valley.’
- ‘I believe the public never got over the station wagon they just don't like that name.’
- ‘On the other side, Chrysler was a complete loser in the station wagon space where the minivan would complete squarely.’
- ‘Two cars ahead of me was a station wagon that was traveling at about 20 miles per hour.’
- ‘He successfully negotiated the station wagon through the sharp turn.’
- ‘A man in a white station wagon began harassing one of Sakia's friends.’
- ‘It's just amazing that a station wagon can pack so much sizzle and excitement in its look and stance.’
- ‘In 1991, Tata Motors introduced a station wagon and later a sport-utility vehicle.’
- ‘The drive home was quiet and when the station wagon came to a stop everyone was great full to get out.’
- ‘About fifteen minutes later, a station wagon pulled out in front of the farm.’
- ‘They got out of the yellow station wagon and into the red one as Mrs. Andersonne paid the man the difference between the two cars.’
- ‘We take our flowers to market in the back of my station wagon or my husband's pickup, with a cover.’
- ‘He packed us all in the station wagon and drove down to this little corner and put me on top of a mailbox.’
- ‘But the Signum has a larger backseat while the station wagon has more cargo space.’
- ‘Is there anything worse than being viewed as a Chevy station wagon?’
- ‘You rode in the back of the station wagon and faced the cars behind you.’
- ‘They cram into a station wagon - their equivalent of a muscle car - and head out on the highway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.