One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The voice was a little staticky from the long distance.’
- ‘Think of your car radio going staticky in a tunnel.’
- ‘Each one took an eternity to download over a 14.4K modem and sounded, well, even more staticky and noisy than Slanted And Enchanted already was.’
- ‘However, for the vast majority of the time, the synth player holds back, emitting wheezy, staticky spurts that enhance rather than hide the sputters and cries of his partner.’
- ‘During winter months, when there's not much humidity in the air, hair loses moisture and gets very staticky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.