One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They have none of the elegance and stateliness of the older signs, which, admittedly, are beginning to rust and require replacement.’
- ‘At a universal level both the Sun and Leo are associated with royalty, majesty, stateliness, dignity, and authority.’
- ‘It is wisdom we need in a leader more than stateliness.’
- ‘The queen has, in a way, always, curiously for the last 50 years, had to share her stateliness with her mother, the queen mother with all her magnetic powers of popular attraction.’
- ‘The prose is of a rare stateliness and intelligence, studded with clever, sometimes almost epigrammatic mots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.