Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clearly expressed or identified; specified.‘the stated aim of the program’‘do not exceed the stated dose’
- ‘The open state was of long duration, and lasted for hours under the stated conditions.’
- ‘Since then she has heard nothing despite the PCT's stated concern about the shortage of midwives.’
- ‘In the context of the stated question, a perfection would mean that the mother may be able to save the boy.’
- ‘Part three focuses on an analysis of stated policy issues within the public sector.’
- ‘Waters agreed not to enter the Acres estate except for specific visits to two stated addresses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.