One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The building where a state legislature meets.
- ‘They fear a genuinely popular movement against the policies of the extreme right far more than a Republican takeover of the state house.’
- ‘Then we need to keep track of what those politicians actually do, when they get to the city hall, or the county assembly, or the state house, or Congress.’
- ‘Not that mercy was a defining characteristic of Bush's six years in the Texas state house, when he put more prisoners to death than any other governor in modern US history.’
- ‘In the summer and fall of 2003, the Democrats and Republicans were locked in a protracted political struggle over who would control the state house in Sacramento.’
- ‘He said he fully backed the NAACP's campaign in South Carolina to get the flag removed from the state house.’
- ‘As is well known, he has presided over more than 130 executions during his tenure in the Texas state house.’
- ‘Everyone going into a state house, he asserted, ‘should understand that it is not a lifetime entitlement.’’
- ‘The state legislature in Maine passed a similar resolution, as did the state house of representatives in Hawaii.’
- ‘It was in this period that Paine began to develop plans for an iron bridge and exhibited a model of one at the Pennsylvania state house.’
- ‘Overseeing the Democrats is John Wertheim, a lawyer in Albuquerque; he replaces Joni Gutierrez, who quit to run for the state house from Las Cruces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.