One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of plants with starlike flowers or leaves.
- ‘River water-crowfoot, water starworts, water cress and lesser and greater pond sedge.’
- ‘The mountain starwort is a small, slender, rather delicate perennial that is usually less than eighteen inches in height.’
- ‘Young leaves of common starwort are edible, raw or cooked as a potherb.’
- ‘When it grows on mud in low-water conditions, the leaves of water starwort are oblong.’
- ‘Fully aquatic vascular plants, such as starworts, colonize shallow water, and mosses and algae extend into deep water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.