One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The startlers, as always with Valentino, remained his unmistakable signature red gowns which have become in themselves symbols of glamour.’
- ‘Michael Norris’ newly commissioned ‘dirty pixels’ was predictably a startler, transferring the virtuosity of his orchestral pieces into the chamber music arena.’
- ‘This week he has been growling along to the following selection of diverse audio startlers.’
- ‘While some problems are the usual run of the mill situations, the job does throw up some startlers to keep the brain ticking.’
- ‘And some of the names are real startlers, with world titles and championship medals to boot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.