One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The startlers, as always with Valentino, remained his unmistakable signature red gowns which have become in themselves symbols of glamour.’
- ‘And some of the names are real startlers, with world titles and championship medals to boot.’
- ‘While some problems are the usual run of the mill situations, the job does throw up some startlers to keep the brain ticking.’
- ‘This week he has been growling along to the following selection of diverse audio startlers.’
- ‘Michael Norris’ newly commissioned ‘dirty pixels’ was predictably a startler, transferring the virtuosity of his orchestral pieces into the chamber music arena.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.