One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of articles or equipment providing the essential items and instructions for taking up a particular activity or process for the first time.
- ‘Initially the girls were given cash but now the aid usually consists of a starter pack, including a cot, pram, baby clothes and toiletries for the woman to take into hospital.’
- ‘Members also receive a starter pack with recipe folder, badges, tasting notepad and personalised baking flags.’
- ‘The T3 starter pack costs £389.69 in the UK and €563.21 in Europe.’
- ‘A starter pack explains what information needs to be collected and recorded, and contains the forms which need to be completed after a dive.’
- ‘If you want to set yourself up with a snake, a hatchling starter kit will set you back about £70.’
- ‘Virgin.net has cut the cost of its broadband starter kit by £5.’
- ‘Working on commission the consultant is trained in by professional beauticians and is given a cosmetics starter kit.’
- ‘Only those accepted at this stage will be able to purchase the starter kit, which comprises a PS2 network adapter, USB voice headset and a special online-only version of military action title SOCOM: US Navy SEALs.’
- ‘Those attending the Westport seminar and later open an account with Delta Index will qualify for a free starter pack which includes an initial £50 bet, a free book on financial spread betting and a free workshop.’
- ‘As part of the WEN's campaign. ‘Taste of a Better Future’, she has written a downloadable briefing on how to grow your own food, as well as a starter pack for schools.’
- ‘We came away with a Yamaha that was more or less a starter kit - extra strings, picks, an electronic tuner, gig bag, strap, and such included.’
- ‘People interested in setting up a Neighbourhood Watch are given a starter pack and leaflets to post through neighbours' doors and gauge interest’
- ‘Once registered your organisation will receive a starter pack with the training cards, multimedia CD-Rom, leaflets and posters.’
- ‘The starter kit, which consists of an adapter and two months of free Vonage service, used to cost $100 at the same stores.’
- ‘Now, I had already given her my iPod starter pack: 20 CD Roms with MP3s burnt onto them.’
- ‘Given a one year grant for a housing project, provision of utilities and a starter pack for 30 young homeless people.’
- ‘There's an MP3 starter kit in the box too, comprising software, a spare cartridge, a 32MB SD card and an SD Card reader.’
- ‘Did I mention that the other night I went into HMV and bought the DVD starter kit?’
- ‘And, if you're into building cars yourself, Redline can provide a starter kit to which you can add your own custom components.’
- ‘The starter pack includes the Xbox Communicator headset (used for chatting to your mates online), a 12-month subscription to the Xbox Live service and special versions of two Xbox games, MotoGP and Whacked!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.